* Is living in a Blended Family or a Stepfamily “more than you bargained for?”
* Does step parenting feel like the most challenging and thankless job of all?
* Is the tension and conflict taking its toll on your relationships
* Are you becoming worried about your children and their well-being?
* Are you constantly arguing with your partner about the kids, discipline and parenting in general?
• Is your ex or your partner's ex causing real problems in your blended family and in your relationship
• Are you at the end of your rope and need some answers NOW
* Are you considering entering into a Blended Family or Stepfamily and want to be prepared?
The purpose of research is to learn about a subject and use your findings to benefit the individuals most affected by the subject you are researching, in this case Life in a Stepfamily or Blended Family. Quite simply put, that is the vision for any research we will embark on at The Step and Blended Family Institute.
Our research efforts at this time are focused on collecting Family Stories. We have asked families, or individuals living in stepfamilies or blended families, to submit their stories, their struggles, their triumphs. We'd love to hear just about anything you would like to tell us about your experience because it may be invaluable to someone else on their journey through stepfamily life. It certainly doesn't have to be a success story. Anyone struggling would benefit just as much or more from hearing about the struggles of others and will most definitely find much comfort in knowing that they're not alone.
Please submit your stories to us and indicate if we can share these with others. If you would like to remain anonymous we completely respect that, and would still be interested in anything you have to share with us. We will compile the stories in a way that they can be easily shared. If you would like to submit a photo and/or would like to be chosen for our Stepfamily or Blended Family of the Month, please indicate that to us in your e-mail or letter.
Our other plans for Research are under development at this time. We plan to gather information from families and individuals in an effort to learn more about the dynamics in stepfamilies and blended families and the strategies that are most effective when building a new family. Please look here for future developments in this area and how you can be involved and/or benefit from our Research.